Leading up to Christmas, the fantastic supportive community that is Bloggers Tribe are doing 24 Days Of Bloggers Blogmas. I was very excited when I got invited to take part. You can read my post on Bloggers Tribe here along with tons of other festive contributions from awesome bloggers!
- Put on our Christmas Playlist on Spotify (link here) to listen to while answering!
- Answer our 12 questions
- Add 2 questions of your own
- Have a Christmas drink and/or snack
- Tag 4 more bloggers to take part
- Take a picture in your favourite Christmas jumper and send it to us for our Round Up post! We want to see everyone who takes part! (Photo doesn’t have to include your face if you don’t want it to – just take a pic of your jumper )
- When do you start thinking about Christmas?
I think being part of the blogging community on Twitter gets you feeling festive early on. In the first week of November, I was already feeling inspired to go buy cute little Christmas decorations for future blog post photos.
- What has been your most memorable Christmas present to date (good or bad!)?
I once got brought a Roomba. That’s a robotic hoover which automatically does the cleaning for you. It was a pretty cool gift, but it took about four hours to clean the flat and the cats hated it.
- Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Yes! Early Christmas (or “Fake Christmas”) with the family. It’s usually in the week leading up to Christmas Day where we have an evening of Christmassy related things such as a roast dinner, a game of charades and the exchanging of secret Santa gifts. We don’t all spend the Christmas Day together so our Early Christmas is the next best thing (and who can say no to two Christmas dinners in one week!).
- Which Christmas film is the greatest of them all?
Home Alone is the greatest (I also like Love Actually, but Home Alone is just a classic).
- You have an empty seat at your table on Christmas Day – who do you invite and why? Can be absolutely anyone!
Ooh this is a tough one. I would probably say something cheesy like Elton John so he can play some good old sing-alongs whilst we all got merry.
- Where in your house does your Christmas Tree go each year?
In the corner of the lounge.
- Name the top 3 songs on your Christmas Party Playlist
– Snow is Fallin’… all around us – Shakin Stevens
– Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
– Step into Christmas – Elton John
- Who is the hardest person you’ve ever had to buy a Christmas present for?
My dad is pretty tricky, each year we try to get creative but always resort back to the classic dad gifts like biscuits and pub quiz books.
- When do you eat your Christmas dinner, and what all is on your menu?
Last year, it was just my boyfriend Shaun and myself, and we went super posh with M&S foods as it was just the two of us. We even had a partridge (ha ha!)… this year we are going to tone it down a bit and try goose. We normally eat in the early afternoon after we have spent the morning opening presents and eating way too much chocolate.
- What’s your favourite Christmas related quote?
“…Merry Christmas ya filthy animal” (Home Alone quote)
- Are you a wrapping paper person, or boxes and bags? Or are you a mix?
I like wrapping then no-one can take a sneaky peak before Christmas Day.
- What makes Christmas so special to you?
Family, food and fun! I love the Christmas buzz that’s all around in the build up to the big day. I love the warm cosy feeling when you are sat watching a festive film eating Roses chocs, the Christmas tree lights are twinkling in the background and it’s all frosty and cold outside.
If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be? You can take your family too, if you want!
I have always wanted to go to New York at Christmas, the photos and films make it look so magical.
Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
When my sister and I were younger, we were allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve – usually a board game or something to keep us entertained for the evening. Now, it’s normally a last minute panic at the supermarket to get extra food then finally chilling out and watching some Christmas TV.
Take a break, you’ve earned it! Grab a gingerbread flavoured hot chocolate and a mince pie!
I WOULD LIKE TO TAG:
The girls who are involved in the mental health #unthinkstigma project –
- Chloe– https://twitter.com/chloeluye
- Kerry– https://twitter.com/KTMummy
- Fern– https://twitter.com/LifeWithFernie
- Casey– https://twitter.com/casestreetx
And to finish off, here’s me in my favourite Christmas jumper!
My “All Things Christmas Jumper” from ASOS
Thank you to Bloggers Tribe for inviting me to take part, it was lots of fun! Don’t forget to check out all the other posts in 24 Days Of Bloggers Blogmas in the build up to Christmas. Also check out the festivities going on right now at the Bloggers Tribe twitter!