The other day I looked in my Twitter Inbox to find that the lovely Kerry (from Mummy Thomas’ Blog) had nominated me for an award! It’s such an awesome feeling when other bloggers in the community spread the love. Thank you so much for the nomination Kerry, everyone should definitely go check out her blog . Mummy Thomas’ Blog is a place where Kerry shares her experiences to raise awareness for birth trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and mental well being. Her posts are so well-written, honest and helpful. I really love her open and authentic approach to blogging.
So last week, I completd The Versatile Blogger Award and this week I’m doing The Liebster Award 2017. I still find it incredible that I am such a new blogger and I have already had tons of support from so many genuinely kind and encouraging people. Everybody should start a blog, it’s fab.
So what is The Liebster Award 2017? It’s a virtual award passed between bloggers to bloggers designed to help connect with and promote others blogs in the community. You answer the 11 questions written by the person who nominated you. Then you nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers and give them a new set of questions to answer. It sounds pretty fun.
Here are the 11 questions from Kerry:
1. What do you love about blogging?
Taking photographs, designing and all the creativity that comes with running a blog. I also love connecting with other bloggers on Twitter. When I started my blog, I didn’t expect to be part of a huge community and I love that.
2. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
Hmm. For now, I am happy that it’s just a little space on the internet where I can share my thoughts and upload my pictures. In the future, who knows! I love the fact that blogging is so spontaneous and exciting. You never know what opportunities could come up so I am open to surprises.
3. What’s your favourite chocolate?
Lindt chocolate is pretty incredible. I’m excited to get stuck into the Lindt chocolate balls at Christmas. Ha ha, that sounds funny. I hope someone quotes me on that when I’m internet-famous (he he).
4. What’s your favourite movie?
Eat, Pray, Love was my favourite for many many years. Legend with Tom Hardy is always very watchable. And I quite like sad ones like One Day, Fault In Our Stars and Miss You Already. I can’t choose!
5. What’s your favourite book?
I recently read One Million Lovely Letters by Jodi Ann Bickley. It was so good I actually wrote a review on it here.
6. Is there anyone that inspires you in the blogging world?
YES! So many people now that I couldn’t list them all. I suppose I’d say before Twitter, I was inspired to start blogging by reading PoppyDeyes.com and thought I wanna do that!
7. Do you love Christmas?
Christmas is such a special time of year – family, food and fun. Nothing beats the feeling of watching a festive movie with a tub of Roses chocs whilst its freezing cold outside and the Christmas tree lights are twinkling in the background.
8. Are you posting a Christmas blog post?
Yeah, right now, I have no idea what to write about. I am hoping to feel inspired as it gets closer to the time! Although, I am contributing in the Christmas Tag with BloggersTribe and I can’t wait to read everyone’s posts!
9. Do you love winter or summer?
Winter has Christmas, but summer has holidays, beaches, and BBQs. I’ll have to say summer as I don’t like the cold and I love a good holiday.
10. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
Elton John – Step Into Christmas
11. What’s your favourite Christmas movie?
Home Alone is a classic (Love Actually is a close second).
Great questions Kerry, that was a lot of fun! Here are my 11 questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If you had £500 to spend solely on blogging (eg. equipment, content for blog posts) how would you spend it?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Have you ever visited somewhere (a town, country, restaurant, event) just because you read about it in someones blog?
- What is your favourite non-blog website?
- Besides blogging, what are your other passions and interests?
- What is your favourite book?
- Where would you like to go on holiday next?
- What film can you watch over and over again?
- Are you doing Blogmas this year?
- What are your future dreams and aspirations for your blog?
My nominations are: